Throughout the year, we will be adding and removing job opportunities for students. Check back on this page for jobs that relate to every program here at the Tech Campus. If you would like to advertise a job that you think our students would be qualified for and/or interested in, please contact our Marketing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
BBQ Productions in Third Lake is hiring kitchen staff! Hourly positions starting at $10/hr for prep, line cook, etc. are available.
For questions and more information, contact Amanda Schulz at email@example.com
See below for a Lube Technician opportunity:
Company name – Super-Lube
Title – Lube Technician
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide service to customer vehicles, including checking and changing fluids and filters, airing tires, rotating tires; provide specialized service including but not limited to transmission, differential and radiator services; explain service to customers and accept payment for services.
- Input customer and maintenance information into computer.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service; explain service provided, recommend services and answer questions.
- Accept payment for services.
- Maintain clean facility (work area, grounds, restrooms, customer area, etc.) including sweeping, mopping and emptying trash.
- Observe and comply with all Company policies and procedures as well as safety rules and regulations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Number of positions – 2
Work address – 2010 E. Belvidere Road, Grayslake, IL
Job experience – no experience required
Education – high school graduate and/or trade school
Seeking both part and full time employees
Job is permanent
Hours the store is open are Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm and Sat 8am to 4pm
Average weekly hours are 40
Overtime is available if needed
Training is provided
Valid drivers license is required
Hourly wage begins at $8.50 per hour up to $11.00 an hour, depending on experience
Benefits offered – none
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, can also call the owner, Roger Singh, at 847 421-8251, or stop in at the store to fil
Auto Mechanic Technician
25771 Hillview ct
Mundelein, IL 60060
Our company is looking for an Automotive Technician. In this position you will quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance, identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solution.
- Previous experience as an automotive technician preferred (but not required)
- Solid mechanical skills
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- A drug free environment
- We are an equal opportunity employer
Pay and hours are variable depends on experience and needs of workers and company.
Please contact us:
Vlad - 847-302-8523
Mike - 847-414-7224
Firefighting/EMS opportunity -- see below.
Construction students -- see below for a job opportunity from New Century Plumbing, Inc. To learn more, please contact Linda Malik at 847-526-2706.
Spring Grove, IL
Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
This position will work second shift, hours are 5 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Actively participate in safety program to ensure the continued success of the program – maintain knowledge of process through training, perform scheduled observations, and provide quality feedback in order to promote safer work behaviors and conditions.
- Prior to loading part, identify forgings, material type, and verify blueprint and dimensions. Read and understand entire part routing. Visually inspect, layout and prepare materials as required. Examine material visually for flaws, defects and clean-up.
- Select, load and verify existing program to ensure safe and productive machining- edit if necessary, notifying Supervisor or Group Leader of changes.
- Set up equipment, install tools and fixtures.
- Load material into machine utilizing overhead crane and secure to ensure safe machining on forgings that can exceed 100,000 lbs using various lifting apparatus.
- Calculate chain and strap adjustments to ensure the safe lifting and transporting of parts.
- Run production, monitoring the machining process, check parts throughout run making necessary adjustments to conform to specifications. Select tools based on process and various materials.
- Monitor entire run, due to unique forgings, when using edited or new program to ensure safe run conditions and quality specifications are met.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math and computer skills
- Prior machining experience
- Experience with common inspection tools (calipers, tape measure, etc)
- Blueprint reading
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift 65 lbs
- Shoveling of chips/swarf
- Varying temperatures in summer and winter
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a lift evaluation (up to 65 lbs.) pre-employment.
- Must be able to pass a hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long term disabililty
- Tuition Reimbursement
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge website by clicking here
Cosmetology students! Check out this opportunity from SportClips: