In the first year of Multimedia Design, you'll be introduced to design, art, and digital media through the exploration of 2-D and 3-D composition. Software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign will be utilized to teach design concepts and create compositions. You'll also cover the basics of HTML website creation and the process of creating complex websites through the Adobe XD software. After second semester, you'll become certified in Adobe applications.
The second year has been developed to introduce you to digital video editing and other areas in the field of multimedia that coincide with the video editing process. You'll explore the art of video creation from capturing imagery, sound, editing, and exporting video. You'll also explore the world of 2-D animation from scriptwriting, storyboarding, transferring drawings to digital renderings, working with different file formats, and more.
Students in this class are eligible to receive 18 college credits from the College of Lake County.
- DMD 111 - Intro to Digital Media, 3 credits
- DMD 116 - Web Design and Development, 3 credits
- ART 129 - Introduction to Photography, 3 credits (Articulated)
- ART 149 - Photo Electric Imaging I, 3 credits (Articulated)
- DMD 233 - Digital Video Editing, 3 credits
- DMD 157 - Introduction to Animation, 3 credits
- Adobe Certified Professional Specialist Certification
- 2D & 3D Animator
- Creative Director
- Desktop Publisher
- Digital Imaging Specialist
- Digital Media Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Layout Artist
- Production Artist