Throughout the year, we will be adding and removing job opportunities for students. Check back on this page for jobs that relate to every program here at the Tech Campus. If you would like to advertise a job that you think our students would be qualified for and/or interested in, please contact our Marketing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can also head over to www.lakecountycareers.com for more information on jobs in Lake County.
See below for an opportunity in the automotive industry with Golz Motors.
Deerfield Cyclery Bicycle Store in Deerfield, Illinois is looking for a full-time bicycle mechanic. If interested, please inquire by calling the store at (847) 945-0700 and asking for Greg.
See below for an opportunity from Awesome Dynamic -- Associate Amazon Consultant
Installation Technician opportunity from Havey Communications
Axcess Staffing - Machine Operator
The Axcess philosophy—Together we’re better—embodies our commitment to working hand in hand with our clients and our employees.
Axcess Staffing has an immediate opening for a Machine Operator with our client, a leading provider that designs and builds intelligent products through engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services.
Benefits of the Machine Operator position include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Prescription Plan
- Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holiday Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Direct Deposit
- Payroll Debit Card
Additional Incentives Offered for Night Shift and Perfect Attendance!
- $200 Bonus every 30 days for first 3 months if you meet perfect attendance requirements! That's right, you can earn up to $600!
- $250 Sign on bonus after completing first week with zero no call no shows!
- $500 Bonus after 90 days on Night Shift
- $50 Sign on bonus if you pass orientation and work a full 2 weeks with perfect attendance!
(terms and conditions apply ask your Axcess Representative for more details)
We are seeking candidates with 6-12 months of experience as a Machine Operator. This is an excellent Temp-to-Hire opportunity for the right individual who is looking to expand their skills within a well-established and growing organization.
As a Machine Operator, you can expect to:
- Set-up and operate automated machinery by following written process instructions
- Load components, fixtures and any required lubricants or chemicals into equipment
- Monitor operations to ensure product is being processed correctly; adjust or add materials if needed
- Inspect product for quality purposes and make any repairs required
- Track completed work by updating database records
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery at specified times
- Clean and shut down equipment at end of shift
6am – 6pm, three days per week
6pm – 6am, three days per week
*Every other week will require a four-day work week
Qualifications for this Machine Operator role include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Requires 6-12 months prior experience as Machine Operator within the manufacturing industry
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions or schematics and perform basic math calculations
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to use mechanical and electrical tools and lift up to 25 pounds
To learn more about this exciting Machine Operator opportunity, contact Katrina Valentine at email@example.com
Conway Farms -- Ground Crew Team Member
Compressor Services -- Technician Needed
Assist with installations; diagnose malfunctioning compressors; determine possible causes for malfunctions, set and install piping for compressor systems.
Work with strong self-management and professionalism. Acquire computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers. Have excellent customer service and communications skills. Must be fluent in English and have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis and work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal and protective equipment at all times
We average 40-50 hrs. a week
Experience:1-2 years of technical experience maintaining and repairing various types of mechanical machinery. Experience with air compressors would be ideal, but we are willing to train the right candidate. Strong mechanical with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required, technical training, technical college degree preferred
Base pay is based on knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional technical training provided for the most qualified candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health Insurance Package with Dental and Vision Coverage available
Preferred but not required
Refrigeration: 1 year
Industrial Equipment Diagnostic & Repair: 1 year
HVAC Certified and/or HVAC Knowledge
Valid Driver’s License(Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume to
Project Manager Opportunity -- Benjamin Brothers
Project Manager to run roofing and siding jobs throughout the suburbs of Chicagoland.
$40,000 base salary plus sales bonuses*
Paid holidays and 3 weeks of paid vacation
- You will be the on-site face of our company and point of contact between the homeowner/customer and our office production manager
- We will teach you about the material we install and everything you need to run the jobs (construction experience is a plus but not required as you won’t be doing any hands-on installation, our crews know what they’re doing, and its pretty simple construction stuff)
- Must be punctual and have your own vehicle to drive our office near Highway 31 & Highway 14 (you have to be at our office at 6am every day)
- Must have a smartphone so we can text you job info
- Must be a confident, alert driver (you’ll drive a company diesel pickup truck and pull a trailer to and from jobs; experience driving a pickup truck and/or pulling a trailer isn’t required but you must be willing to learn how to do so or this job isn’t for you)
- Must be able to lift, setup, and climb an extension ladder to get on and off low-pitched roofs
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs of material to load/unload roofing shingles or other material
- Must be courteous and able to talk to homeowners to answer their questions
- Must be able to follow “To-Do Lists” and fill out paperwork that needs to be submitted to the office everyday
*You can also make additional money by selling jobs to neighbors, friends, family, etc.
Please email resumes and/or a letter explaining why you'd be a good fit for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTP America Customer Service Representative
HTP America was founded in 1981 selling welding supplies and equipment. HTP has a full-time customer service position available located in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
As a customer service representative, you will be required to have excellent telephone skills, project an upbeat attitude over the telephone, and will strive to provide the highest level of customer support possible. There is no cold calling – this is all inbound customer service.
You will be required to enter telephone orders, input orders from our website, and solve customer problems and complaints.
Knowledge of TIG Welding Torches and MIG Welding guns a definite plus. Mechanical Aptitude also a benefit. Ideal candidate has common sense knowledge of how mechanical things work, and prior customer service experience preferably in in a technical environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel necessary.
HTP offers a fully paid medical policy for the employee, 3% employer retirement contribution, and a very competitive salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Nicole Noland to learn more: NicoleN@htpweld.com
See below for an Early Education & Teaching opportunity at Bright Horizons.
BBQ Productions in Third Lake is hiring kitchen staff! Hourly positions starting at $10/hr for prep, line cook, etc. are available.
For questions and more information, contact Amanda Schulz at email@example.com
See below for a Lube Technician opportunity:
Company name – Super-Lube
Title – Lube Technician
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide service to customer vehicles, including checking and changing fluids and filters, airing tires, rotating tires; provide specialized service including but not limited to transmission, differential and radiator services; explain service to customers and accept payment for services.
- Input customer and maintenance information into computer.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service; explain service provided, recommend services and answer questions.
- Accept payment for services.
- Maintain clean facility (work area, grounds, restrooms, customer area, etc.) including sweeping, mopping and emptying trash.
- Observe and comply with all Company policies and procedures as well as safety rules and regulations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Number of positions – 2
Work address – 2010 E. Belvidere Road, Grayslake, IL
Job experience – no experience required
Education – high school graduate and/or trade school
Seeking both part and full time employees
Job is permanent
Hours the store is open are Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm and Sat 8am to 4pm
Average weekly hours are 40
Overtime is available if needed
Training is provided
Valid drivers license is required
Hourly wage begins at $8.50 per hour up to $11.00 an hour, depending on experience
Benefits offered – none
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, can also call the owner, Roger Singh, at 847 421-8251, or stop in at the store to fil
Auto Mechanic Technician
25771 Hillview ct
Mundelein, IL 60060
Our company is looking for an Automotive Technician. In this position you will quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance, identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solution.
- Previous experience as an automotive technician preferred (but not required)
- Solid mechanical skills
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- A drug free environment
- We are an equal opportunity employer
Pay and hours are variable depends on experience and needs of workers and company.
Please contact us:
Vlad - 847-302-8523
Mike - 847-414-7224
Construction students -- see below for a job opportunity from New Century Plumbing, Inc. To learn more, please contact Linda Malik at 847-526-2706.
Spring Grove, IL
Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
This position will work second shift, hours are 5 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Actively participate in safety program to ensure the continued success of the program – maintain knowledge of process through training, perform scheduled observations, and provide quality feedback in order to promote safer work behaviors and conditions.
- Prior to loading part, identify forgings, material type, and verify blueprint and dimensions. Read and understand entire part routing. Visually inspect, layout and prepare materials as required. Examine material visually for flaws, defects and clean-up.
- Select, load and verify existing program to ensure safe and productive machining- edit if necessary, notifying Supervisor or Group Leader of changes.
- Set up equipment, install tools and fixtures.
- Load material into machine utilizing overhead crane and secure to ensure safe machining on forgings that can exceed 100,000 lbs using various lifting apparatus.
- Calculate chain and strap adjustments to ensure the safe lifting and transporting of parts.
- Run production, monitoring the machining process, check parts throughout run making necessary adjustments to conform to specifications. Select tools based on process and various materials.
- Monitor entire run, due to unique forgings, when using edited or new program to ensure safe run conditions and quality specifications are met.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math and computer skills
- Prior machining experience
- Experience with common inspection tools (calipers, tape measure, etc)
- Blueprint reading
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift 65 lbs
- Shoveling of chips/swarf
- Varying temperatures in summer and winter
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a lift evaluation (up to 65 lbs.) pre-employment.
- Must be able to pass a hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long term disabililty
- Tuition Reimbursement
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge website by clicking here
Cosmetology students! Check out this opportunity from SportClips: